We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Making butter cookies or margarine with children is one of the activities that they will like the most. Perfect for a rainy afternoon when we can't go out to the park, the children will be entertained with this recipe for children from shamrock cookies.
This children's recipe is perfect to celebrate the Saint Patrick's day, on March 17, but also for any occasion in which we want to prepare some simple cookies that we can cook with children at home.
- 475 gr. Of flour
- 200 gr. butter or margarine
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 1 egg + 2 whites (for the glaze)
- 1 lemon
- 445 gr. icing sugar
- Green coloring
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and reserve it.
2. In another bowl, beat the butter, at room temperature, with the sugar, until it forms a creamy and whitish mixture.
3. Add the egg and mix.
4. Add the lemon zest and a splash of juice, and mix well.
5. Add the flour little by little, mixing well until a homogeneous and manageable dough is formed.
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
7. Afterwards, remove and roll out the dough on a smooth and floured surface.
8. Preheat the oven to 175ºC. Shape the cookies with a cutter or cardboard cutout silhouette. Bake for about 10 minutes.
9. For the glaze, beat the whites with the whites until they are stiff. Add the icing sugar and a dash of lemon and continue beating.
10. Add the green food coloring and stir until the color is uniform.
11. Put the tinted frosting in a piping bag (or a freezer bag by cutting one corner) and decorate the cookies, first marking the edge and filling the inside.
They can also be left undecorated or decorated with the icing in white, without using colorants.
You can read more articles similar to Shamrock Cookies for Kids for Saint Patrick, in the category of Cookies on site.