We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Spiders do not usually bite. They only attack if they feel threatened. Although there are more than forty thousand different species of spiders, only some are really dangerous like the black widow or the brown recluse that can cause death.
As usual their bites cause no more than a small rash, redness or pain in the affected area, as if it were a wasp sting. In children, due to their lower body mass, the reaction may be more striking than in adults, so it is advisable to prevent their possible sting.
When faced with a spider bite in children, it is advisable to put into practice these simple tips:
1. Disinfect the area affected by washing it with plenty of soap and water.
2. Apply ice to reduce swelling and the sensation of heat caused by the sting.
3. Some experts recommend apply vinegar to the area to decrease the burning sensation and soothe the pain caused by the spider bite.
4. The application on the bite of Aloe vera natural.
5. SaffronAccording to some experts, it also reduces redness mixed with olive oil and applying it on the area.
6. Apply to the affected area fresh banana peel It also reduces, according to some experts, the itchiness caused by spider bites.
7. Make a thick mixture of baking soda and water and applying it to the bite can also help relieve symptoms.
8. It is also advisable to maintain the affected limb in an elevated position, to prevent the poison from spreading quickly.
9. If the child complains of pain from the sting, we can administer an appropriate dose of ibuprofen for his age and weight.
10. We must prevent the child from scratching the affected area.
If the symptoms were to more presenting in addition to the skin rash, fever, shortness of breath, muscle spasms, vomiting or abdominal pain. In this case, you have to go to the nearest hospital immediately as we could be facing a poisonous spider bite.
It is advisable capture the spider that has bitten us since it will facilitate its identification by health professionals and will help a better diagnosis and treatment.
You can read more articles similar to 10 tricks to cure spider bites in children, in the First Aid category on site.